Just a Quickie: Bad Luck-Ruined Vacation-Broken Arm


To all my beloved blogging friends, followers, readers: When something negative happens... Accidents are the worst things to happen for anybody, a lesson I learned the hard way. I asked my sister (thank you, Jenny:) to type this post...just wanted to let you all know what's happening in my neck of the woods.

So here goes. One morning (a couple of weeks ago) on my way to the beach, I grabbed my camera in my left hand, a banana smoothie in my right and headed downstairs to the garage to get in my car. Two steps from the bottom, I slipped on the carpet. Without a free hand to grab the stair-rail, I tumbled forward...and fell down noisily to the floor and got my arm hurt. I ended up in the hospital with a broken arm, scratches, and bruises.
Since then I've been experiencing a lot of pain in the arm that increases when my arm is moved. Now I am in a cast to keep my arm immobile during healing, but I can't go outside, and the orthopedic doctor advised me to stay away from the computer and also not to use my hand at all.
The accident has gotten me down a couple of times, but I am trying really to be great about the whole thing.
I am still miserable and I will not be blogging until my arm is fully healed.

Definitely my most horrible vacation experience ever! Wistfully dreaming of better days. xx

Comments Off