Five Things Tuesday

Silly as it may seem, the older I get, the more I appreciate the little things in life. When I'm feeling low or discouraged, there is no better cure for it than to get excited about something; doing the things that...
I am passionate about is a great way to motivate myself.

What's so great about the little things in life?

"Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you'll look back and realize they were big things."
Kurt Vonnegut.

It's a total cliche, I know. But something does not have to be big to later become a valuable memory.

Life is made up of moments...a fun evening with friends, the smell and the sound of rain, enjoying the beauty of a cool misty day, the joy of learning something new, savouring a good book - these are all things I've come to truly cherish.
Currently on my bedside table.
An all-time favourite of mine. I never get tired of it.

A book for children of all ages. A book everyone should read at least once, and one that I hope kids are still reading today.

Here's an excerpt from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through The Looking-Glass, by Lewis Carroll:

Mad Hatter: Would you like a little more tea?

Alice: Well, I haven't had any yet, so I can't very well take more.

March Hare: Ah, you mean you can't very well take less.

Mad Hatter: Yes. You can always take more than nothing.
A quick photo of my living room.
Mariniere Mussel Pot

Belgium's traditional mussel dish.  Delicious, yet quick and easy. Mussels steamed in white wine, served in sauce of juices from the mussels, wine, butter, celery, and onions.
It is wonderful for an appetizer or a light lunch - so good with a glass of white wine and some crusty bread. Pure perfection!

Mariniere Mussel Pot recipe .

Have a great day!  I hope you're able to slow down a bit and savour those simple joys of everyday life. xx

24 things you will definitely see on St. Patrick's Day in New York.