When You Mess Up...




On self-forgiveness.

So while browsing the Internet the other day, I came across an article on self-forgiveness, and it struck a chord with me...So for today's post, I thought I'd share a few thoughts on...
this important human quality.

We are self-critical beings, aren't we? So hard on ourselves sometimes. We all mess up. Inevitably, we all make mistakes.
It's tough to forgive yourself. I know. But we need to learn from our mistakes and move on; the world moves on. And we need to move on with it.

I remember one time when I was a little girl I did something that I felt really guilty about - it took me years to realize that "you can do something wrong while still being a good person."
Self-forgiveness is a journey, and it can take time...

"We say of some things that they can't be forgiven, or that we will never forgive ourselves. But we do - we do it all the time."
-Alice Munro, author of Dear Life

I really loved that. Honestly, what a relief.

This quote is one of the most popular quotes by Alice Munro, Canadian story writer and Nobel winner, and perhaps it's because it's so true.

Hope you have a great weekend! xx