December is Such a Tricky Month...

...filled with mixed emotions. (For me at least.)

It's December, can you even believe it? Nope, not me! As Christmas fast approaching, I realize I still have mixed feelings about Christmas and really struggle to get into it every year. Why? I've lost both my parents in the last ten years. Part of the reason is they both spent their last Christmas in hospital and were so ill. My parents used to absolutely love this time of year and having the family get together at Xmas. Let's face it: Holidays are particularly hard for people who have suffered a loss.

Unfortunately, Christmas highlights the loss, so I'm sure like all of us who have lost loved ones, this time of year makes us feel our loss more intensely.
Yes, there are happy moments and more memories made but it really is to me a bittersweet time of the year. I have, though, found ways to embrace the holidays rather than just get through them.
I still enjoy Christmas and am very much attached to the decorating and baking, and dorky Christmas music. I love that it's a time when my busy siblings can catch up and get together, but it's not like what we used to have - will never be quite the same.
Christmas is such an emotional time anyway.

Hope you have a great weekend! xx

P.S. My heart goes out to those who have lost a loved one, family member, friend.

(Photo of Hitchcock as a grandpa.)