Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining

pink cloud reflection on the water
Cloud Reflection.

So today I'm going to share a story with you that's a little embarrassing...In fact, I almost decided not to share it at all...

A few years ago, I went through a breakup that devastated me to my core, and left me feeling shattered and broken. I never mentioned it on the blog. I couldn't. But now that a few years have passed, I want to share my story with you. I almost mentioned it in this post.

My marriage of ten years broke up, a few years ago, and I felt apart...I thought I would never ever get over it/through it. I felt hopeless, helpless and so unmotivated and lethargic. I was afraid that the depression and negative thoughts would not end. The end of the marriage came during the holidays, and instead of celebrating with friends and family, I spent Christmas at home weeping.

The first eight years went really well. We were both happy. Things then took a turn for the worse...We went through a period where we both felt disconnected. But sometimes...it is hard to reconnect.

During the time after my breakup I experienced deep feelings of sadness, hopelessness, and unshakable loneliness due to emotional imbalance. But I started to realize that I needed to befriend my loneliness and started to feel lighter...Thankfully, after all the crying, negativity and broken points, I forced myself to get up everyday and do my best. I forced myself to do some mundane tasks and keep busy in something...constantly telling myself that I must stay hopeful and healthy for my sake, it's going to be okay...maybe not today, but eventually.

The ending of a marriage is an enormous life change, but life goes on...You see, everything is either an opportunity to learn and grow or an obstacle that keeps you stuck.
In a way, I'm glad that I went through this because my marriage failure helped me grow, and made me stronger and wiser. Life is a series of highs and lows and sometimes the relationships we've known forever no longer exist...so I gave up the old to make way for a new beginning.

In times of affliction, it can be tough to see the lighter side.  But do always remember, within every thing bad, there's an equal good. When I learned this truth and began to believe it, I saw everything differently. I began to see afflictions as challenges and discovered options and opportunities I didn't realise (realized) existed.

Now I am enjoying how wonderful it is when I embrace an optimistic perspective instead of focusing on what I lack or resentful and negative thoughts.
Today can be great, but only if you make it so.
beautiful pink  cloud

Start everyday with a smile, because it's another day you are granted to live.
beautiful sunrise

Always remember that...you are here for a reason, your presence is a present to the world, you are unique and one of a kind.


Honestly, it's hard to think back, but I wanted to share my experience, since, hopefully will be of help to anyone going through a similar situation.

And yeah, I feel happy again!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xx

Update: I had many dark clouds in my life and did find my way out...