The Ocean of Plastics

My dears, I hope you're all well, staying safe and healthy during this pandemic.

There are times I lie awake at night wondering what might our future hold. What will the world look like after Covid-19? Living through these difficult times invites serious reflection not only on existential questions, but on how global challenges such as climate change or ocean pollution will hit us all even though they may seem less pressing in this moment. 


My vision of an eco-conscious world is about changing our attitudes in a way that helps the environment around us. Arguably plastic pollution is a global problem and one of the most crucial environmental threats that we face today. Plastics are littering our cities and eventually ending up in the ocean. Over time, sunlight, wind, and salt break them down into small fragments, micro-plastics. Sadly, fish eat plastic and/or can get tangled up in plastic waste contributing to health problems in humans and marine life. 
It's enough to make you cry over your grilled fish. 
 
All countries should consider plans and strategies to phase out non-biodegradable pollutants by recycling of plastic waste items and also to express their commitment. Their role is critical. They must develop measures to phase the harmful effects of the plastic pollution on the environment. 
With this ongoing photography project I wanted to help create awareness about this serious issue, and inspire people to take action. It always surprises me how we lost our connection to nature and our natural surroundings. 

I was recently on a boat trip. It was so sad to see a fish trapped inside a plastic bag. That hurt me a lot... 
I am working hard to reach my goal; to stop plastic pollution.

Here's my ongoing "The Ocean of Plastics" project awarded a Special Mention and published on URBANAUTICA INSTITUTE , if you'd like to check it out...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! xx