Add Cute Social Media Buttons to Your Blog - Going Social + Photos of the Week


Found on athgo

Hello, friends. How are you? Yeah. It's good to be back. So in the last post I mentioned making some changes in an effort to refresh my blog.

What changed? To begin with, I've decided to change my social media approach regarding my blog and integrate social media into my site.
Found on VIRALBLOG

I'm happy to announce that CUT and DRY is finally getting social! There is no doubt that blogs are indeed social media. What I really want to say is that I finally realized that social media is important and I really need to get more actively involved with my social media platforms. Keep in mind that integrating your blog with social media is a great way to maximize your web traffic to your site. So, find some social media icons you like and add them to your site.
Speaking of, social media buttons are easy to set up, most importantly, eye-catching enough to draw reader to your social networks profiles. They also let the visitor stay on the site and share the content on their social media profiles with just a click.

In this post you'll also find some pretty Free Social Media Buttons for your blog. Just for fun!
I've done the rounds of searching for cute social media icons that are free and I found these super lovely sets of social media buttons for you. 
  
Honestly, I can't count the amount of time I have spent surfing on different social media platforms  over the past couple of weeks.
There are probably so many social media channels out there that you can choose from but the trick here is to ensure that every engagement done has a high chance of success as it can be really hard to figure out which ones to use. Is it worth the time investment? How to use them?

Found on Graphic Mania net

Social media can be tricky. Because it can be so time-consuming, but it is still well worth it!
Social networks have become a part of everyone's life- in fact, social media has become a natural part of our daily browsing. Engaging in social media is key to achieving visibility, and for building new on-line relationships.
So I picked...
three social media channels- the ones that work best for me. Remember, you don't need to be everywhere.
Who can actually have time to be active on every social media platform? Who can keep up with it all, it's simply impossible. In trying to be everywhere, we are nowhere. Pick the ones you find suit your blog best. Better to use one or two social media platforms really effectively than it is to spread yourself too thin.

I use Google Plus a lot. I find that Google+ is usually the one I go "easy" on. I keep myself maximum active on G+ just because I love it. We first crossed paths late in 2012 and haven't looked back since.

I don't use Twitter as much and find that there is a little to no activity on my account there in terms of following.

Pinterest, which I use sporadically- I need to reactivate my Pinterest acoount- is a virtual pin board for images, where you categorize things that you love. Pinterest can be a great way to find inspiration...
and connect with readers. 





Free Social Media Icons Sets- Best of. Found on hongkiat



Awesome Free Social Media Icons. Found on tutvid
Awesome Free Social Media Icons. Found on Lovelydsgn

BlogHer  is our latest love. BlogHer is a platform for sharing great voices, stories and trends among women in social media. You can easily set up a profile in about 10 minutes. Once you have an account with BlogHer, you can opt to write a post right on their site! If you have a link to your blog in the piece, it's also another way to showcase your work. You don't have to do it often, but it is a good idea to try it out.  BlogHer can be also a great way to make connections and even find blog post ideas.

Here's a post written by me on Blogher, if you'd like to see.

50 Amazing Free Icon Sets. Found on Six Revisions

I'd love to hear, what do you think about social media? What are your favourite social media platforms?

Pictures of the Week

Found on the flicr WithUibelong . Galleries

Smokin' Graciela. This is the famous "cigar lady" from Havana, Graciela, in her late 80's. Most folks traveling to Havana seem to take her photo. She lets tourists take photographs of her for a few pesos.
I'm starting to think Graciela is the most bad-ass persona I've ever seen.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. And don't forget to smile. xx 

47 comments:

yonca said...

Great info, Betty! Btw, I like the fries icon :)Happy Friday! xx

ΑΘΗΝΑ said...

A nice way to make your blog famous and to see what others say about your blog in social networks.It's a modern approach.A tool that integrates social network platforms and delivers a single stream of information from all is the website social mention.
Have a nice weekend!

MadSnapper said...

i would be glad to pay her to take her photo, she is really a great subject and very photogenic. i had no idea there were so many of the icons to use. i don't do any of these but blogging, and i sometimes browse my FB to see family photos. but if i did i woul dhave a hard time choosing which of these to use, i think maybe the little sketch monsters

RIZALENIO said...

I idolize the cigar lady. She's full of characters...and so fun to photograph too. :)

moni said...

Dear Betty,
very interesting article!
I love the pictures of the day, really funny!
Wish you a wonderful weekend,
hugs moni

Unknown said...

Καλησπέρα Μπέτυ-)))
Πολύ ενδιαφέρον!!!!!
Πολλά φιλιά και καλό Σκ-)

TexWisGirl said...

i spend so much of my day blogging and reading blogs, i don't use any other social media. i have a g+ account but never go out there - use it to leave +1s and that's about it. :)

Ariel said...

Hi Betty,
good afternoon,
excellent post!
really interesting!
(the picture is beautiful, these are the children of the future)

I wish you a beautiful weekend
a kiss and a hug giant

Rosie, Perthshire Gardener and Photographer said...

Hi Betty :) I'd love to photograph that lady - oh what character and personality just oozes from those photos.

Sabine Gimm said...

What a great Post Betty ♥
A very nice "old lady".

Many greetings Sabine

My Beautiful Things

Mein Photoblog

Hilary said...

I'm with TexWisGirl. No time for anything but blogging .. not even Google+. I'm glad that you've found what works for you though. :)

Ms. A said...

Just reading blogs every day, all day, is more than I can handle, but I give it everything I've got. Not ready to tackle anything more.

Kelly said...

Look at all this fun research you've done for us!! There are some really cute "sharing" buttons here!

I bet Graciela is quite the character! Thanks for sharing her with us, too. ;)

Enjoy your weekend, Betty!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I am very involved with both Blogger and Facebook... I love them both. FB is easier --and I can keep up with people there easier than Blogger. My blog is mostly my journal --and it takes me longer to do... But --I enjoy it also.

I have Google+ but don't do much with it or care much for it... I truly don't have time for anything else --since I have so many other interests (gardening, hiking, traveling, genealogy, birding, etc.)....

Life is great. Good Luck with your new endeavor.
Hugs,
Betsy

Riot Kitty said...

I am in charge of social media at work and don't do it at home (unless you count the blog.) But good luck to you!

Cloudia said...

fun icon collections!



ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
=^..^= <3

Tamara Camera said...

I would love to take her photo!!

Great social media button examples. Google plus is one I'm not great with yet, but I'm working on it.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Good grief, I had no idea there were so many icons available, I love those bottles.

As for the 'Cigar Lady' .... amazing photos. When (if) I reach this age I'd love to think of people taking a photograph of me sitting with a chocolate bar in my hand.

T. Powell Coltrin said...

You've been doing your homework. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend.

rainfield61 said...

Your hard work make us learn a lot.

And the pictures are hilarious.

Jennifer said...

Great article! Love the social media buttons - I just might try them for my blog!

Mari-Pi-R said...

Siempre tan original tus entradas, que pases un feliz fin de semana.

Leovi said...

Lovely picture, very funny that lady! I love social networking, are a dream to fly!!
Un abrazo!

Anonymous said...

A detailed job explaining these icons so interesting.
The image of the old lady really very good.
Hugs and kisses.

Elizabeth Anderson said...

Your post is timely because I've been assessing how to use social media. Currently I use Twitter, FB (to share posts with current friends & groups. I don't have a Page). I recently activated Linked In mostly to connect around art and community. Mostly interested in projects that have an intergenerational component. Have you any thoughts on this avenue?

I need to revamp my blog to accommodate both my art practice and community interests. But it's all about balancing everything else that's in the mix of life.

I definitely will look into the various icons.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Really cute icons! I have been thinking about using Twitter, but I haven't jumped in yet.

I love Smokin' Graciela! So awesome! Wishing you a happy rest of the weekend :)

George said...

I really like your photos of the cigar lady. I'll have to admit that I don't do much with social media apart from my blogs.

Tolga said...

i can not be the same follow-up social media after opening schools.

aloha from tr

michael said...

Great info! Thanks for sharing:D

michael said...

Have a great Sunday!:D

ritsa said...

Wow!! These are some pretty social media buttons. Thanks for sharing with us.

I spend too much time on Facebook. I just love it! :0)

Nancy said...

Lots of good information Betty! I'm on most of the them -- FB, Pinterest, Twitter... but really devote most of my free time to my photography and my blog. Never really understood Twitter or it's purpose. FB is fun for catching up with people quickly, but not exactly in depth. :) Looking forward to more on your blog transformation. Have a lovely rest of your Sunday!

eileeninmd said...

Betty, great post and information about social media. I do spend most of my free time blogging and some on facebook. I do have the twitter and pinterest accounts also. You found some cute icons to use. And I had a good laugh over the cigar smoking lady. I wish you a happy day and week ahead!

Memphis said...

For a long time I had trouble adding social media links to my blog. It drove me crazy. Since then I've discovered that I have almost half as many followers on Google+ as I have followers directly of my blog. I hadn't expected that.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You found so many cute icons that I've never seen before. Thank you, dear Betty.

Be well, and have a good week.
xoRobyn

Lynn said...

You have a great blog, so using social media to promote it a bit will be a plus!

Pat Tillett said...

After seriously juggling two blogs for so long, I feel like I'm barely hanging on with one these days. If a person has the energy (I don't), You can really accomplish things using all those tools. By the way, your blog is looking good!

Marie said...

Great info! I only blog at the present. :)

Bob Bushell said...

Keep on dreaming Betty. Beautiful.

chica said...

Que lindos ícones e parabéns pelo belo trabalho,Bety! beijos,chica

Unknown said...

Buttons are some of the smarter ways to share their articles through social media. Social Media Agency
becomes a great way for article promotion even if it in blogs or any article submission sites.

Unknown said...

The icons are cute. I agree is highly important to link you link your social media to your website.

SandyCarlson said...

True enough, Betty! Thanks for this. The social media are a great way to share.

Unknown said...

My mark goes to vans of social media. I haven't seen such a variety of buttons that can be used for Social Media Marketing Services.

Unknown said...

Social media is one of the most cost-efficient digital marketing methods used to syndicate content and increase your business' visibility. Implementing a social media strategy will greatly increase your brand recognition since you will be engaging with a broad audience of consumers. Best social media marketing tips

Dr. Rissy's Writing said...

Great article and help us with our social media efforts and blogs. With the help of social media marketing, I really appreciate. Thanks for sharing. Keep Blogging!!
Social Media Marketing NJ

said...

It Is Useful and helpful for me That I like it very much Shopify development Dubai