For the Love of Cheese

I love cheese and cheese plates are my absolute favourite. Cheese is one of the things we never run out of here, or try not to anyway. If I had to eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be cheese. Hyperbolic? Maybe. But cheese is the one great food I'm never, ever bored of. Maybe my #2 New Year's resolution should be: "Eat more cheese."

I have been looking for a good cheese sauce recipe for a long time and I have...
finally founded it. Thought I'd share it with you. This cheese sauce recipe was very quick and easy to make and you can use it with any cheese you want.

I'm making penne pasta with broccoli florets this weekend. This dish is simple to make and so filling served with cheese sauce.

Have a good one! xx

7 Lighter Options for Cheese Lovers.


Parmesan Cheese Sauce

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup low-fat milk
1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, grated
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper

Directions:

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually whisk flour into butter until smooth.
Pour milk into butter mixture and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low. Cook and stir until mixture thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until cheese melts. Season with pepper.
Try with: steamed vegetables, tortilla chips, baked potatoes, hot cooked pasta (macaroni or penne).