What Is True Happiness?

While our culture is obsessed with happiness, studies show that chasing happiness can actually make us unhappy. I strongly believe that having a purpose in life is perhaps the main source of happiness and self-fulfillment.

Of course, everyone looks at life from a different perspective, different people and cultures believe different things. In my point of view, is just giving meaning to your life by challenging yourself and growing as a person, making or appreciating art, helping people in need of any help, protecting or advocating for others, embracing activities that connect you with something greater...
Maybe for you, it's something else.

It might sound a bit cliche', but a life without a purpose is a life without destination - no life at all.
Have you ever felt lost because you couldn't define your life purpose? I have. But I was determined to discover my life's purpose and meaning. So I took the time to understand what I am here to do. It wasn't until I was 27 that I clearly defined what I wanted for my life; since then I pursue that with great enthusiasm and excitement. Finding meaning in life really matters. The key is to figure out what matters most to you and enjoy it.

Ask yourself what am I passionate about? What is my life purpose? Ask yourself what you love and start taking steps to do what you love. By doing what you enjoy, you will be connected with what brings you the most joy.

There is a Chinese saying that goes: "If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody."

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xx

(Photo by Sadik Gulec via.)