Everybody is different, and everybody has different ways of dealing with life's challenges and difficulties, but if you're looking for suggestions you may find these helpful.
You might be surprised by how much of a difference a few small habits can make in your life.
1. Have a purpose. Having a dream (aka the reason you wake up in the morning) is one of the most important things in remaining optimistic when things get tough.
2. Life-long learning. Read books, try new things, explore new cultures. Life-long learning is the key to happiness as it keeps your mind open. (I can't help it - I'm passionate about it!)
3. Cultivate Gratitude. Be grateful for something every day. Practicing gratitude on a daily basis has become a major source of positiveness and optimism in my life.
4. Enjoy yourself more! Take joy in the daily things you do. Spend some time each day doing something you're passionate about, just for fun.
5. Declutter your home, declutter your schedule, declutter your mind. Let go of the past. Let go of the things that no longer serve you. It's liberating!
6. Physical health. Make it a goal to add more fresh foods (raw fruit or vegetables) into your meals. Kickstart your system by drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning.